Find out more about Environment Canterbury Council policies and their role in helping us achieve our goals.
Long-Term Plan 2018-28
- Revenue and Financing Policy - (PDF File, 1.03MB)
- Fees and Charges Policy - (PDF File, 471.24KB)
- Liability Management and Investment Policy - (PDF File, 244.56KB)
- Development of Financial Contributions Policy - (PDF File, 146.22KB)
- Policy on the Remissions and Postponement of Rates on Māori Freehold Land - (PDF File, 151.24KB)
- Rates Remission Policy - (PDF File, 176.85KB)
- Rates Postponement Policy - (PDF File, 150.13KB)
- Māori Participation Policy - (PDF File, 327.27KB)
- Significance and Engagement Policy - (PDF File, 410.64KB)
Read the Long-Term Plan 2018-28.
Fees and Charges Policy
Describes fees and charges set under section 36 of the Resource Management Act 1991, section 150 of the Local Government Act 2002, section 243 of the Building Act 2004 or Navigation Safety Bylaws. It forms part of Environment Canterbury's Revenue and Financing Policy.
Read the Fees and Charges Policy.
Section 34A of the RMA 1991 allows Council to delegate functions to Hearing Commissioners appointed by the Canterbury Regional Council.
Read the Hearings Policy.
Members' Code of Conduct
This code of conduct provides guidance on the standards of behaviour that is expected from the Chair and Members of Council.
Read the Members' Code of Conduct.
Significance and Engagement Policy
The Significance and Engagement Policy aims to enable a flexible but focused approach to engagement.
Read the Significance and Engagement Policy.
This document sets out standing orders for the conduct of proceedings at meetings of Environment Canterbury.
Read the Standing Orders.