We want to make it as easy as possible for you to apply for a job with Environment Canterbury. Positions are advertised here and you can submit an application online. As soon as you have applied for a job online, you'll receive an email acknowledging receipt of your application. Take note of the position closing date, as this will give you an indication when you will next hear from us.
Our competency framework identifies different expectations at each of our four organisational levels (Senior Leader, Team Leader, Technical Leader and Team Member). We want candidates to demonstrate these competencies in their curriculum vitae, during ability and psychometric assessments and during interviews.
The job description will set out the expected competency level. Use the information below to find out what we will be looking for from you as a candidate and be prepared for specific questions based on the competencies appropriate to the role.
- Senior Leader Competency Levels (PDF File, 33.92KB)
- Team Leader Competency Levels (PDF File, 31.05KB)
- Technical Leader Competency Levels (PDF File, 28.2KB)
- Team Member Competency Levels (PDF File, 31.01KB)
We work to make the process of selecting and recruiting for each role as straightforward, interactive and informative as we can.
This means you can expect us to:
- Follow a simple and clear process
- Acknowledge your application promptly
- Update you regularly on the progress we are making with your application
- Treat your application confidentially and impartially
- Give you a realistic view of the position you are applying for, the department it sits in and the organisation as a whole
- Treat you with respect always