From monitoring water and soil quality to managing hazards; from land regeneration to land transport – your rates fund wide-ranging work across Canterbury.
Land management – a balancing act
Every region in Canterbury has its own unique needs and challenges. Managing these means balancing:
- environmental priorities
- cultural considerations
- Government policy
- social and economic factors
Land management in detail
You can have a say on how Canterbury land should be managed, so you should understand what your rates support.
- Managing the natural environment. Your rates support pest management and biodiversity.
- Managing hazards. Your rates support decontamination and flood protection.
- Managing the water. Your rates protect our rivers and lakes.
- Managing production. Your rates support good farming practices.
- Managing recreation. Your rates support our parks.
Get in touch