What we support
We welcome opportunities to work with community organisations that have an interest in the environment.
We partner with mana whenua, and work closely with central and other local government agencies, businesses, industry and community and volunteer groups to improve our environment and manage natural resources.
We may provide support for projects and initiatives that align with our Strategic Direction | Te Aronga Rautaki 2020–23 if we have funding available.
Achieving environmental outcomes for the region
When we work together, we can achieve the environmental outcomes we all want for the region. Our Community Partnerships Strategy | Hapori Whakakotahii (PDF file,1.99MB) sets out how we will work together and what success looks like.
How we work with community organisations
What success looks like
Types of support
If you are a community organisation with a project aligns with our Strategic Direction and work, we may be able to provide support for:
- Tangible goods (plants, building materials etc)
- Services (project management, technical advice, education etc)
- Community engagement (coordination, facilitation etc)
- Capacity and capability (upskilling, salary etc)
- Sponsorship/donation (events, awards etc)
- Other on case-by-case basis.
We are unable to support:
- Organisations and/or initiatives that are primarily political in nature
- Any project that will exclusively result in private gain
- Any project that is a legal obligation or condition of a resource consent.
- If your organisation wants to ask for more than one type of support, please combine this into one request.
Talk to us
Customer Services 0800 324 636