Passenger satisfaction with the total mobility service
95% of passengers are satisfied or better with the Total Mobility service.
In 2020, 96% of passengers reported they were satisfied with the overall Total Mobility service.
About this goal
The Total Mobility scheme is available to people in Greater Christchurch, Ashburton, Timaru and Waimate. Eligible individuals are entitled to discounts for transport fares with approved operators. Individuals wishing to access the scheme must meet the availability criteria set by Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency and adopted by us.
This data is updated annually through our Total Mobility user survey.
The Total Mobility user survey helps us to understand:
- user satisfaction levels with key areas of the service
- test ideas about the future direction of the Total Mobility scheme
- provide users with the opportunity to comment on ways the total mobility scheme could be improved
- meet Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency reporting requirements.
What's being done?
The results of our Total Mobility survey (along with other feedback) help Environment Canterbury to determine what initiatives we should prioritise.
This research was conducted in 2020 via telephone survey with users of Total Mobility.
A total of 386 surveys were completed across Canterbury.
The key findings of the survey were:
- good service and good staff are were the highest-ranking factors in user satisfaction with the service
- availability and timeliness of vehicles scored highly within service availability, with 94% of users surveyed saying that vehicles are always or usually on time
- personal safety and quality of comfort were both high ranking when it came to service delivery levels
- hospital trips/medical appointments are the most common reason for utilising total mobility. 52% of survey respondents had used the service for this purpose.
Find out more
- See the full report for Total Mobility 2020 passenger satisfaction (PDF File 1.72MB).
- Find out more about progress on our total public transport customer satisfaction.
- Plans to improve public transport in Canterbury.
- Visit metro.co.nz for up to date travel information.
- Find out how ratepayer funding supports this work with our Rates Tool.
- Find out more about the Total Mobility scheme.