The Hurunui and Waiau River Regional Plan (PDF File, 6.37MB) is operative.
It incorporates Plan Change 1 and provides a framework for the sustainable management of water resources in the Hurunui, Waiau and Jed catchments. It is unique to the Hurunui Waiau water zone.
You can access further information on the Plan and background documents below. Planning Maps for the Plan can also be viewed via Canterbury Maps(external link).
- Hurunui and Waiau River Regional Plan (PDF File, 6.37MB)
- Public notice (PDF File, 79.13KB)
- NPSFM Amendments to Freshwater Plans - Notification June 2018 - Full Public Notice (PDF File, 41.02KB)
National Policy Statement for Freshwater Management 2020
- Proposed Hurunui and Waiau River Regional Plan - Summary of Section 32 analysis (PDF File, 775.85KB)
- Public notice (PDF File, 55.58KB)
- Hurunui Waiau River Regional Plan - Summary Technical Reports (PDF File, 86.48KB)
- Hurunui Waiau River Regional Plan - Community and interest group meetings (PDF File, 21.51KB)
There were three appeals on the Hurunui and Waiau River Regional Plan.
Hurunui Water Project Ltd
North Canterbury Fish and Game
Amuri Irrigation Company Limited
View Plan Change 1
Change 1 - Dryland Farming
This Plan Change aims to ensure that dryland farming in the Hurunui Waiau zone is not unreasonably constrained by the "10% rule" in the Hurunui and Waiau River Regional Plan.