The Orari Temuka Opihi Pareora (OTOP) water zone has hill-fed braided rivers and coastal areas with strong and complex links between ground and surface water. It is vulnerable to dry periods. Many wetlands have been drained but pockets of unique natural value have survived.
Otipua-Saltwater Creek catchment
Register your interest for the Otipua-Saltwater Creek catchment group launch.
Orari Temuka Opihi Pareora Healthy catchments project
Click here for a snapshot of the environmental, economic, social and cultural assessments of the Orari Temuka Opihi Pareora (OTOP) water zone.
Meet your water zone committee
The water zone committee works with the community to develop actions and tactics to deliver on the Canterbury Water Management Strategy.
Action in the zone
We've agreed on several areas of priority for the Orari Temuka Opihi Pareora water zone. Read about some of our current projects.
Zone updates, news and events
Check out your zone's latest stories, videos and newsletters.
Information for farmers
Visit the Good Management Practice (GMP) website to find zone-specific farming information.
Your natural environment
Discover the natural environment in the Orari Temuka Opihi Pareora water zone.
Subscribe to your water zone mailing list
Are you interested in receiving the latest water zone committee news? Subscribe today.
View agendas and meeting papers
Use our Document Library to find water zone committee agendas and meeting papers.
Find out how to apply for funding for biodiversity projects in your area.
- 426.7kB View the 2016 - 2017 Compliance Monitoring Annual Snapshot report
- 3.3MB View the OTOP Zone Water Committee 2017 Annual Report
- 4.8MB View the OTOP Zone Implementation Programme
- 328.6kB View the OTOP year end work programme progress report 2017-18
- 10.4MB View the OTOP draft Zone Implementation Programme Addendum
- View presentations to the Orari Temuka Opihi Pareora water zone committee