The Selwyn Waihora water zone stretches from the upper Waimakariri basin and the high country around Lake Coleridge down to Te Waihora/Lake Ellesmere. The vision for Selwyn Waihora is to protect its alpine rivers and high country values and restore the mauri of Te Waihora while maintaining a prosperous land-based economy. Te Waihora and its margins are a taonga to Ngāi Tahu due to the high concentration of mahinga kai, wāi tapu and wāi taonga.
Action on the ground
Check out what we're doing on the ground in the Selwyn Waihora water zone.
Meet your zone representatives
Find out who your water zone committee members are and meet your on-the-ground zone delivery team.
Zone updates, news and events
Check out your zone's latest stories, videos and newsletters.
Upcoming meetings and agendas
Find out when your zone's next meeting is and read the agenda.
Looking for information on Te Waihora lake openings?
Openings tend to be aligned with fish migration periods and other habitat values of the lake.
A word from your water zone chair
Read columns by the chair of the Selwyn Waihora water zone committee and view other updates.
Information for farmers
Visit the Good Management Practice (GMP) website to find zone-specific farming information.
Your natural environment
Discover the natural environment in the Selwyn Waihora zone.
Subscribe to your water zone mailing list
Are you interested in receiving the latest water zone committee news? Subscribe today.
View agendas and meeting papers
Use our document library to find water zone committee agendas and meeting papers.
Find out how to apply for funding for biodiversity projects in your area.
- 426.5kB View the 2016 - 2017 Compliance Monitoring Annual Snapshot report
- 6.4MB View the Selwyn Waihora Water Zone Committee 2017 Annual Report
- 2.4MB View the Selwyn Waihora Zone Implementation Programme
- 6.5MB View the Selwyn Waihora Zone Implementation Programme addendum
- 1.3MB View the Selwyn Waihora water zone five-year outcomes and milestones
- 279.7kB View the Selwyn Waihora year end work programme progress report 2017-18
- View presentations to the Selwyn Waihora water zone committee