Canterbury Air Regional Plan
The Canterbury Air Regional Plan - Te mahere ā-rohe mō te hau o Waitaha (PDF File, 13.9MB) is operative.
The Air Plan sets out how Environment Canterbury is going to manage air pollution from home heating, industry and other sources like outdoor burning, dust and odour. You can find further information on the Air Plan measures, and access background documents below.
Planning Maps for the Air Plan can also be viewed via Canterbury Maps.
- Natural Resources Regional Plan Review documents
Also refer to the recent High Court decision amending the definitions of ‘sensitive activity’ and ‘public amenity area’, these have immediate effect and prevail over the definitions in Appendix B.
- pCARP Report and Recommendations of the Hearing Commissioners (PDF File, 872.82KB)
- pCARP Recommended Decisions on Submissions - Appendix A (PDF File, 5.07MB)
- pCARP Report and Recommendations of Hearing Commissioners - Appendix B (PDF File, 17.4MB)
- pCARP Amended Provision Numbers (PDF File, 223.38KB)
- pCARP - Public Notice - Decisions on submissions (PDF File, 104.48KB)
There were two appeals on the Canterbury Air Regional Plan.
Federated Farmers - Sealed notice of abandonment dated 31 May 2017 (PDF File, 304.31KB)
Sealed Order amending the pCARP by consent dated 9 June 2017 (PDF File, 490.49KB)