Pest management is the control of plants and animals that have a negative impact on our natural environment, which in turn can impact our economy. Pest management is essential to help prevent the spread and impact of pest animals and plants in our region.
Biosecurity Advisory Groups
Learn how you can support the objectives of pest management in Canterbury
Managing animal pests
The Canterbury Pest Management Plan 2018 - 2038 (RPMP) contains five programmes under which declared pests will be managed.
Managing plant pests
On farm biosecurity
Predator free 2050
Check, Clean, Dry
How to prevent aquatic weed invasions
- Report wallaby sightings outside the containment zone via our online app
- Check out our information on managing gorse and broom
- Check the rules for dealing with aquatic pests
- Read the latest Biosecurity Bites newsletter
- Read the latest Nassella News
- Read the Biosecurity Activities 2019-20 Report (PDF File, 2.0MB)