Wongan Hills Limited
- Submissions opened: Wednesday, 1st Feb 2023 - 12:01am
- Submissions closed: Thursday, 2nd Mar 2023 - 5:00pm
Resource consent applications: CRC224237 and CRC224238
|Applicant:||Wongan Hills Limited|
|Address for service:||C/- Lowe Environmental Impact|
|PO Box 29288|
|Attention: Brian Ellwood|
Wongan Hills Limited have applied for a landuse consent, and a discharge permit to discharge odour, for the operation of up to four composting barn/feedlots on land of legal description Part Lot 2 DP 1631. This Lot forms part of an existing wider farming operation at 229 Kaituna Valley Road, Ataahua. The composting barns/feedlots can be permanently occupied and will house a maximum of 2,200 cattle.
The following resource consents are being sought:
CRC224237 - Land use consent for feedlots under Regulation 11 of the National Environmental Standard for Freshwater; and
CRC224238 - to discharge contaminants to air (odour) from the housing of cattle within feedlots under Rule 7.71 of the Canterbury Air Regional Plan
A duration of 35 years is sought.
APPLICATION AND MAKING ASUBMISSION
Full details of the consent application, including the Assessment of Environmental Effects and any plans or maps that accompanied the application can be viewed at Environment Canterbury offices at 200 Tuam Street, Christchurch, or read below.
Any person may make a written submission on any of the above applications.
If not making a submission online, submissions should be sent to Environment Canterbury PO Box 345 Christchurch 8140; or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Any signed written copy must be sent to the Applicant at the address for service detailed above.
A submission should include your name, address and phone number; the applicant’s name and consent application number. A submission must state your reason for submission, whether you support or oppose the application and if you wish to be heard in support of your submission.
For advice on the applications please phone 0800ECINFO (0800 324 636).
Submissions must be received by Environment Canterbury no later than 5 p.m. on Thursday 2nd March 2023.
- 254.5kB CRC224237 CRC224238 - word version submission form
- 521.4kB CRC224237 CRC224238 - Application
- 1.7MB CRC224237 CRC224238 - Assessment of Environmental Effects
- 4.1MB CRC224237 CRC224238 - Plans
- 842.7kB CRC224237 CRC224238 s92 Request for further information
- 5.0MB CRC224237 CRC224238 - Further information Response 1
- 203.9kB CRC224237 CRC224238 - Further information Response 2
- 865.2kB CRC224237 CRC224238 - Further information Response - Updated Odour Management Plan
- 1.6MB CRC224237 CRC224238 - Flood modelling
- 7.1MB CRC224237 CRC224238 Notification Recommendation Report
To request making a late submission, please contact Hearings at Environment Canterbury.