Our plans, strategies and bylaws provide a framework of work programmes and regulations to help us manage Canterbury's natural and physical resources, setting out what we need to do and how to ensure our region runs as smoothly as it can. Use the drop-down menus below to find what you are looking for.
Regional integrated planning framework development
We are reviewing the Regional Policy Statement and the Regional Coastal Environment Plan, as well as the land and water plan framework, to implement the National Policy Statement for Fresh Water Management 2020.
- Canterbury Regional Policy Statement
- Canterbury Air Regional Plan
- Canterbury Land and Water Regional Plan
- Regional Coastal Environment Plan for the Canterbury Region
Regional catchment plans
- Hurunui Waiau River Regional Plan
- Opihi River Regional Plan
- Pareora Catchment Plan
- Waimakariri River Regional Plan
- Waipara Catchment Plan
- Waitaki Catchment Plan