Our plans, strategies and bylaws provide a framework of work programmes and regulations to help us manage Canterbury's natural and physical resources, setting out what we need to do and how to ensure our region runs as smoothly as it can. Use the drop-down menus below to find what you are looking for.
Regional integrated planning framework development
As the first phase in our work towards an integrated planning framework, we are reviewing the Regional Policy Statement and parts of the Land and Water Regional Plan, to implement the National Policy Statement for Freshwater Management 2020(external link), with a view to notifying changes by the end of 2024. More changes to the Land and Water Regional Plan at a catchment level will follow, together with a review of the Regional Coastal Environment Plan.
Find out more about the planning framework development, who the plan review will affect and how it fits with existing plans and policies.
- Canterbury Regional Policy Statement
- Canterbury Air Regional Plan
- Canterbury Land and Water Regional Plan
- Regional Coastal Environment Plan for the Canterbury Region
Regional catchment plans
- Hurunui Waiau River Regional Plan
- Opihi River Regional Plan
- Pareora Catchment Plan
- Waimakariri River Regional Plan
- Waipara Catchment Plan
- Waitaki Catchment Plan