He puna wai, he puna tāngata. The pool of water sustains the pool of people.
We help ensure that we have enough clean, fresh water today and in the future.
Three Waters Reform Programme
Find out more about the Three Waters Reform Programme and what this means for Canterbury.
Essential Freshwater package
Our advice and answers to some of your frequently asked questions, following the announcement of the Government’s Essential Freshwater package.
Canterbury water this season
Find out more about how much water there is across our region each quarter.
Canterbury's approach to water management
Understanding the Canterbury Water Management Strategy (CWMS).
Measuring CWMS progress
Find out how we're tracking to achieve the community's long-term water goals.
Canterbury’s drinking water
Find out who's responsible for protecting drinking water.
Water use charges
Find out what consented water users will need to pay.
What's happening in my water zone?
Water zone committees work with the community to deliver freshwater management objectives.
Latest water news stories
Look a little deeper into water in Canterbury.
- Check swimming water quality at your favourite recreation spots.
- Delivering improved farm outcomes - Canterbury Good Management Practice story.
- See the facilities available at local recreation spots, with our new StoryMap.
- View up-to-date cyanobacteria warnings for rivers and lakes.
- Contact us if you notice contaminants in a waterway.
- Check out the National Policy Statement for Freshwater Management.
- Read the Canterbury Water Management Strategy quick guide (PDF file, 4.15MB).