He puna wai, he puna tāngata. The pool of water sustains the pool of people.
We help ensure that we have enough clean, fresh water today and in the future.
Three Waters Reform Programme
Find out more about the Three Waters Reform Programme and what this means for Canterbury.
Essential Freshwater package
Find out what the Essential Freshwater package includes and why it's important for the health of our waterways.
Canterbury water this season
Find out more about how much water there is across our region each quarter.
Measuring CWMS progress
Find out how we're tracking to achieve the community's long-term water goals.
Our drinking water
Find out about how drinking water is regulated and how to keep your private water supply safe.
Water use data charges
Find out what consented water users will need to pay.
Be a Stormwater Superhero
Find out how you can make a positive difference.
What's happening in my water zone?
Water zone committees work with the community to deliver freshwater management objectives.
- Read our latest water news stories.
- See what’s happening in your water zone.
- Check swimming water quality at your favourite recreation spots.
- See the facilities available at local recreation spots, with our StoryMap.
- View the river, marine and lake health warnings currently in place.
- Contact us if you notice contaminants in a waterway.
- View the Government's National Policy Statement for Freshwater Management.
- Read about the Canterbury Good Management Practice story.
- Read the Canterbury Water Management Strategy quick guide (PDF file, 4.15 MB).