He puna wai, he puna tāngata. The pool of water sustains the pool of people.
We help ensure that we have enough clean, fresh water today and in the future.
Water conservation orders
Find out more about rivers protected under a Water Conservation Order (WCO).
Swimming water quality
We monitor the water quality at more than 100 of our region's favourite rivers, streams and beaches.
Our drinking water
Find out about how drinking water is regulated and how to keep your private water supply safe.
Find out what happens with your wastewater and how to manage wastewater.
Find out what Stormwater is and how it is managed, everyone can help to protect our waterways.
What's happening in my water zone?
Water zone committees work with the community to deliver freshwater management objectives.
Measuring CWMS progress
Find out how we're tracking to achieve the community's long-term water goals.
- Read our latest water news stories.
- See the facilities available at local recreation spots, with our StoryMap.
- Contact us if you notice contaminants in a waterway.
- View the Government's National Policy Statement for Freshwater Management.
- Read the Canterbury Water Management Strategy quick guide (PDF file, 4.15 MB).