Announcing new Biosecurity Advisory Group members
We are pleased to announce the community, council, and rūnanga representatives for our four newly refreshed Biosecurity Advisory Groups.
The groups provide advice and feedback on our pest management projects. They ensure the best outcomes are achieved for cultural, economic and biodiversity values in the region.
The four Biosecurity Advisory Groups cover North, Central, South Canterbury, and Christchurch/Banks Peninsula. They are made up of a combination of returning and new members, who will hold these positions for the next three years. We are awaiting confirmation from rūnanga on their representatives for some groups.
This week, group members attended an induction day in Lincoln. All members are supported to grow their knowledge and understanding of biosecurity priorities, actively contribute to discussions about regional and local biosecurity issues, and develop their networks and ability to be champions for biosecurity within their own communities.
Biosecurity Advisory Group meetings will take place across the region from mid-June. These meetings are open to the public to observe – be sure to keep an eye on our calendar of events for upcoming meetings.
Biosecurity Advisory Group Facilitator Rich Langley said he was pleased to have kicked off the new members’ tenure and was looking forward to their induction and first meetings.
"This refresh has been a while in the making so we want to thank the new and returning members for their patience during this process," he said.
"Now we can look forward to getting the groups underway in the next month so that the groups can begin to help shape our work in their communities."
If you want to get in contact with a group member or would like to attend a meeting, email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Biosecurity Advisory Group members
- Duncan Lundy
- Hamish Roxburgh
- Lorna Sandeman
- Mark Giles
- Richard Reed
- Ted Howard
- William Knox
- Winton Dalley
- Grant Edge, Councillor, Environment Canterbury
- Vince Daly, Deputy Mayor, Hurunui District Council
- Niki Mealings, Councillor, Waimakariri District Council
- Colin Meurk
- Dawn Hendrikse
- Flore Mas
- Gilda Otway
- John Clemens
- Lauren Roberts
- Pam Richardson
- Philip Hulme
- Rob Cruickshank
- Stacey Te Pōhue Rose
- John Kottier, Te Hapū o Ngāti Wheke
- Greg Byrnes, Councillor Environment Canterbury
- Nic Head, CCC senior ecologist
- Paul Devlin, CCC Head Ranger, Port Hills and Banks Peninsula
- Fiona McDonald
- Karl Dean
- Kevin Gallagher
- Nicky Snoyink
- Roger Bray
- Rose Mitchell
- Sara Kross
- Shannon McAleer
- Virginia Marroni
- Paul Dietsche, Councillor, Environment Canterbury
- Bob Mugford, Councillor, Selwyn District Council
- Leen Braam, Councillor, Ashburton District Council
- Barbara Gilchrist
- Cameron Bennett
- Gary Foster
- Gavin Loxton
- Ines Stager
- John Talbot
- Marcelo Carena
- Matt Simpson
- Rob Smith
- Rob Young
- Nick Ward, Councillor, Environment Canterbury
- Rit Fisher, Councillor, Mackenzie District Council
- John Begg, Councillor, Waimate District Council