A guide to acronyms (and abbreviations), words and phrases used throughout the Environment Canterbury website. Look in the 'By Subject' tab to find groups of terms relevant to a specific topic.
Some terms might have definitions in addition to those in this glossary.
Use the online Māori Dictionary to help with translating words between Te Reo Māori/English.
- the most common species found in whitebait—common galaxias.
- Infringement notice
- is a written notice of an alleged infringement offence under the Resource Management Act 1991, which is issued in accordance with the Summary Proceedings Act 1957.
- International Accreditation New Zealand
- Indices of Biotic Integrity
- International Cricket Council
- id est = in other words
- Integrated Monitoring Framework
- Iwi Management Plan
- Incorporated Society
- Irrigation New Zealand
- Internet Protocol
- Independent Qualified Person
- Inland Revenue
- International Standard Book Number
- International Organization for Standardization
- International Union for the Conservation of Nature
- International Visitor Survey
Environment Canterbury © 2023
Retrieved: 9:03pm, Tue 28 Mar 2023