Change 3 - South Coastal Canterbury
Plan Change 3 to the Canterbury Land and Water Regional Plan introduced provisions to manage land and water in the coastal area between the Otaio River in the north and Morven Drain in the south, extending inland to the Hunter Hills.
Plan Change 3 is operative. You can view information relating to the development of Plan Change 3 below. To read the Canterbury Land and Water Regional Plan (including any changes made as a result of Plan Change 3) click here.
- About Plan Change 3 - South Coastal Canterbury ZIP Addendum (PDF File, 2.44MB)
- Plan Change 3 - Document List (PDF File, 190.73KB)
- South Canterbury Coastal Streams Limit Setting Process – Predicting Consequences of Future Scenarios: Overview Report (PDF File, 12.99MB)
- Supporting technical documents appended to the Overview Report
- Overseer best practice data input standards (PDF File, 1.02MB)
- Code of Practice for Nutrient Management (PDF File, 1.56MB)
- Supplementary information
- Reference Documents
Section 15A of the Land and Water Plan (South Coastal Canterbury) sets a nitrogen allocation framework to help deliver community aspirations for water quality. Schedules 29, 30 and 31 of the Land and Water Plan describe a methodology to update nitrogen limits in the plan for South Coastal Canterbury (these being the flexibility caps, maximum caps, and load limits). Following each update to the OVERSEER nutrient model, the nitrogen limits will be recalculated by the Council and updated limits published here.
- Schedule 29 – Updated Flexibility Caps (PDF File, 186.63KB) (last updated: 19 September 2019)
- Schedule 30 – Updated Maximum Caps (PDF File, 181.43KB) (last updated: 19 September 2019)
- Schedule 31 – Catchment Load Limits (last updated: October 2018)