Canterbury Regional Policy Statement
The Canterbury Regional Policy Statement provides an overview of the resource management issues in the Canterbury region, and the objectives, policies and methods to achieve integrated management of natural and physical resources. These methods include directions for provisions in district and regional plans. The policy statement became operative on 15 January 2013.
Changes to the policy statement
The Cranford Regeneration Plan came into effect on 31 August 2017 and made changes to Map A in Chapter 6 of the Canterbury Regional Policy Statement. These changes included
- removing the Projected Infrastructure Boundary from the full extent of the area of the Crandford Regeneration Plan,
- identifying the extent of the Grassmere Street and Croziers Road blocks as a Greenfield Priority Area,
- identifying the remaining areas of the Cranford Regeneration Plan as ‘Existing Urban Area; and
- amending the Map A legend to delete the words “pre-2011”.
Map A of Chapter 6 was updated on the Environment Canterbury website on 1 September 2017. View the map before the amendments were made.
The Land Use Recovery Plan for Greater Christchurch took effect on 6 December 2013 and made changes to the Canterbury Regional Policy Statement. These changes included inserting Chapter 6 - Recovery and Rebuilding of Greater Christchurch and adding a glossary/definitions.
Policy statement reprinted
The Canterbury Regional Policy Statement was reprinted in early 2017 to include corrections of minor errors under Clause 20A of Schedule 1 to the Resource Management Act 1991, as well as amendments under Sections 21, 24 and 27 of the Canterbury Earthquake Recovery Act 2011.
Development materials for the Canterbury Regional Policy Statement have been archived. Please contact customer services if you wish to access any of this material.
- 7.0MB Download the Canterbury Regional Policy Statement 2013 - Revised February 2017
- 21.0MB Canterbury Regional Policy Statement 2013 - Appendix 5 Maps - Revised February 2017
- 10.8MB Updated - Guidelines for the Application of Ecological Significance Criteria for Indigenous Vegetation and Habitats of Indigenous Fauna in Canterbury Region