Our Annual Plan explains how we intend to finance activities and services each year. It is made available to the community every February/March, based on a financial year that runs from 1 July to 30 June.
An annual plan is produced for each year of the Long-Term Plan (ten year rolling plan, reviewed every three years).
For the first year of each Long-Term Plan (LTP), the annual plan is incorporated into the LTP document.
For subsequent years a stand-alone annual plan document is prepared, which refers back to the relevant year of the LTP.
Find out more about our Long-Term Plans.
Draft Annual Plan 2020/21
The Council approved the draft 2020/21 Annual Plan for engagement on 20 February 2020.
Feedback on the draft Annual Plan closed on 25 March 2020.
With the COVID-19 situation, we are now reviewing what changes need to be made to the draft Annual Plan 2020/21.
We have now contacted all those who indicated they wanted to speak to Council. Virtual hearings will be held on Wednesday 22 and 29 April.
In the meantime, if you have indicated you will provide late feedback please email email@example.com
The process of developing our most recent Annual Plan involves reviewing the work programme and financial budgets in our Long-Term Plan 2018-2028. The Council approved its Annual Plan 2019-20 in June 2019.
Council Deliberations 16 May meeting
- Agenda and Meeting Papers - Canterbury Regional Council, Meeting 499 - 16 May 2019 (PDF File, 13.12MB)
- Attachment 1 AP 2019-20 and policy consultation feedback and staff comments (PDF File, 665.14KB)
- Minutes - Canterbury Regional Council, Meeting 499 - 16 May 2019 (PDF File, 4.88MB)
View the Submissions on the Draft Annual Plan 2019-20
Council Decision 20 June including the Environment Canterbury 2019/20 Rating Resolution
- Agenda and Meeting Papers - Canterbury Regional Council, Meeting 501 - 20 June 2019 (PDF File, 1.27MB)
- Minutes - Canterbury Regional Council, Meeting 501 - 20 June 2019 (PDF File, 19.63MB)