Our technical staff analyse air quality data to identify sources of air pollution and the relative significance of various contaminants.
We research what has worked in the past and use different modelling methods to:
- predict concentrations in unmonitored areas
- identify likely areas of high concentration
- estimate population exposure to contaminants
- assess the likelihood of meeting targets
- predict the likely effect of various airshed management options.
We often partner with other research organisations such as Crown Research Institutes and universities for specific studies.
- View our technical reports here
Air quality data
Check out our real-time air quality monitoring data.
Data from past years
Data from past years show air quality is improving.