Bore Installer Programme
Already a member of the Bore Installer Programme?
You can log in to My Services directly.
About the programme
Under the Land and Water Regional Plan (LWRP), drilling a bore in Canterbury does not require resource consent, provided the bore meets the requirements to be a permitted activity. This includes the drilling company being a member of the Bore Installers Programme (BIP).
Joining the programme
To join the BIP, fill in the application form (PDF file, 191.58KB) and submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Before applying, please read our terms and conditions (PDF file, 175.86KB).
- You only need one application per drilling or contracting company – employees are not required to apply individually.
- We will review your application and may contact you if more information is required.
- There is no application or membership fee.
Pre-drilling assessments are needed to meet the requirements of the BIP. Read the full instructions for pre-drilling assessments (PDF file, 419.14KB).
- Information for drillers (PDF file, 194.26KB)
- Tools for drillers map viewer in Canterbury Maps
- Flood protection and drainage bylaw
- Listed Land Use Register
- Heritage New Zealand contact details
- Archaeological guidelines for well drillers 14 June 2019 (PDF File, 2.01MB)
- Runanga emergency contacts (PDF File, 942.49KB)
- Rūnanga consultation note (PDF File, 275.88KB)
To meet the requirements of the BIP, you need to submit borelogs for each well.
Bore logs and other bore/ gallery information are fundamental to the effective management of water resources in Canterbury.
- Read our borelog entry guide (PDF file, 433.48KB).
- To enter a borelog log in to My Services.
Other useful links for borelog entry:
- Bore logging field card (PDF File, 628.92KB)
- Bore logging drillers pad (PDF File, 122.54KB)
- New Zealand water well drillers' guide to logging water wells (PDF File, 4.15MB)
Current members of the BIP
- Barber Drilling
- Clemence Drilling Contractors Ltd
- Daly Water Wells Ltd
- East Coast Drilling
- Grant Hood Contracting Ltd
- Hydrill Limited
- McMillan Drilling Ltd
- Orari Well Drilling and Water Services Limited
- Smiths Well Drilling
- SouthDrill Ltd
- Speight Drilling
- Texco Drilling
- Washingtons Exploration Ltd