Funding for environmental projects - southern zones
Water zone committees recommend funding for local environmental projects each year.
Ashburton, Ōrāri Temuka Ōpihi Pareora (OTOP), Lower Waitaki South Coastal, and Upper Waitaki water zone committees make recommendations to Environment Canterbury during 2023/2024 on how to allocate $75,000 of funding to help implement their action plan.
If you have a project that requires funding that will help improve water management, enhance biodiversity, or engage the community, please email the committee facilitator for an application form and guidance.
Apply for funding, email:
- Dave Moore email@example.com
OTOP and Lower Waitaki South Coastal
- Murray Griffin firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jaimee Grant email@example.com
Note that some of the funds may also be recommended for allocation to the committees’ own activities. If any funding is still available in early 2024, the committees may invite further applications.
The committee may also be able to provide other means of support for your project or group, such as connecting you with like-minded groups or advising other potential funding avenues. Contact the facilitator for assistance.
View the Action Plans
- Ashburton Water Zone Committee Action Plan
- OTOP Water Zone Committee Action Plan
- Lower Waitaki South Coastal Water Zone Committee Action Plan
- Upper Waitaki Water Zone Committee Action Plan